Temple University: Community Healthcare Worker (CHW)
- Program Description: Community Health Workers (CHWs) provide a wide range of services to healthcare patients. CHWs conduct outreach, make home visits, offer health education, and do case management. As advocates, CHWs support patients in getting high-quality healthcare and social services.
- Training Provider: Temple University and District 1199C Training and Upgrading Fund
- Program Dates: October 18, to November 17, 2022.
- Pre-requisites: •
- Career Aspirations: Genuine passion and desire to enter a helping profession in health care or social services
- Age: At least 18 years or older
- Education: High school diploma or GED, and good reading and writing skills
- Job Readiness Skills: Positive attitude and professional
- Basic Computer Literacy Skills
- Clear criminal record and able to pass a drug test
- Training Schedule: Classes usually run three days a week, in-person on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, but the schedule may change. Classes are held at Temple’s Main campus.
- Skills Learned:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivational interviewing
- Teamwork: Working in a healthcare team
- and cultural competency
- Community Resources and Asset Mapping
- Medical terminology and healthcare systems
- Industry-Recognized Credentials:
- College Credit(s) Earned: None.
Interested applicants can apply by completing an online application.
Applicants will be invited and can attend one of the following virtual Information and Interview sessions.
- Friday, September 23rd at 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 27th at 5:30 PM
- Thursday, September 29th at 10:00 AM