Propel America: Medical Assistant
*The following training program is not funded through the PA CareerLink® but is available to the public through a partnering organization.*
Medical assistants are the first person a patient sees in the doctor’s office and are responsible for assisting the patient throughout their visit. They collect vital health data and medical history from patients, update patient files and schedule appointments, collect samples, and provide education and customer service to patients about their health and treatment plan. Medical assisting is a quick and stable career path in the healthcare field.
Propel accepts applicants ages 18-24.
- Accelerated 24-week program- commit 30 hours/ week including flexible study time
- 30 college credits tuition-free
- More than 700 hours of training
- 160-hour externship with Penn Medicine
- Online with monthly in-person skills labs
- Regular coaching sessions with dedicated career coach
- Facilitated by experienced medical assistant instructors
- Certification exam prep and credential awarded
- $500 stipend to cover scrubs, home internet, and transportation to internship