Drexel University & EDSI: Manufacturing Career Accelerator Program (MCAP)
*The following training program is not funded through the PA CareerLink® but is available to the public through a partnering organization.*
Complete the Manufacturing Career Accelerator Program (MCAP) to earn two manufacturing industry credentials in just 5 weeks and get priority hiring consideration from local Philadelphia manufacturing companies.
MCAP is a no-cost program to help accelerate your career, offered by Drexel University and EDSI.
- Training Provider: Drexel University and EDSI
- Program Length: 5 weeks of in-person class
- Program Dates: 9/12/22-10/14/22
- Pre-requisites: High School Diploma or equivalent, Philadelphia resident, complete a mechanical reasoning assessment, must be 18 by 10/14, must be covid-19 vaccinated to attend due to in-person environment at Drexel. Unemployed, working part-time, or earning less than $15/hour.
- Training Schedule: Monday-Friday 9am-11am in person at Drexel’s Campus, along with asynchronous virtual assignments
- Skills Learned: Industry history, career pathways in production, quality assurance, and maintenance and repair, employer expectations, communication in manufacturing settings, understanding efficiency in processes, safety, interview skills, meet and greets with employers
- Industry-Recognized Credentials: OSHA10, Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- College Credit(s) Earned:
To apply please complete an online application or email the following with questions [email protected]