CCP: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Pre- Apprenticeship
Program Description: The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (IMM) Pre-Apprenticeship Program provides participants with foundational knowledge in four areas: fluid power, industrial electricity, mechanical components, and introductory mechatronics. The program builds toward a basic understanding of mechatronics, the synergistic application of mechanical, electrical, and controls engineering, combined with computer science to build and maintain high-tech equipment. Courses in the IMM Pre-Apprenticeship Program provides basic principles, skills and competencies that would be required of an entry-level maintenance mechanic in a moderately complex manufacturing environment.
- Training Provider: Community College of Philadelphia
- Program Length: 20 weeks
- Program Start Date: December 5, 2022
- Pre-requisites: Interest and aptitude for hands-on training in advanced manufacturing, high school diploma or equivalency
- Training Schedule: Monday – Thursday | 4:00 – 9:00 PM
- Skills Learned: Students will develop competencies to operate and maintain pneumatics, electricity, sensors, actuators, chain, belt, and gear drives, and controls. Utilizing real-world automation devices students will also gain additional skills in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). These skills that are at the core of automation, production, and manufacturing are in high demand.
- Industry-Recognized Credentials: Certificate of Pre-Apprenticeship Completion from Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Industry-Based Credentials: NC3 Certifications in Fundamentals of Industry, Fundamentals of Electricity – AC/DC, Fundamentals of Fluid Power – Pneumatics/Hydraulics, Fundamentals of Mechanical Systems; National Career Readiness Certification
- College Credit(s) Earned: Students who successfully complete the IMM Pre-Apprenticeship Program will be eligible for up to 14 college credits upon transfer to a degree program at CCP